MeetEdgar - Social Media Scheduling Software
Director of Marketing • May, 2019 — Present
Actively setting and managing overall marketing strategy: Functions of this role currently include:
- Creating engaging content, optimized for search and meeting people at various stages in their customer journey.
- Running paid ads and media placements (Google, Facebook, podcast sponsorships, etc.)
- Developing our product and core offerring positioning for marketing collateral.
- Experimenting with on-site A/B split-testing to improve website performance and conversion rates.
- Creating virtual events to serve our target audience and develop key partnerships.
- Attending trade shows and conferences to meet customers and prospects face-to-face, connect with partners, and provide education on the brand and product.
- Reporting on progress and supporting cross-functional teams.
AWeber - Email Marketing
Product Marketing Manager • December, 2013 — April, 2019
Focusing on customer growth and retention projects, while also serving as marketing liaison on various Product teams. Functions of this role currently include:
- Crafting and executing full-scale product marketing campaigns and creating promotional and educational content to increase the awareness and adoption of AWeber's suite of email marketing and automation tools.
- Engaging current SaaS customers with email campaigns, live and pre-recorded webinars, video tutorials, blog content, surveys, and training to promote growth (increased revenue) and retention (decreased churn.)
- Iterating on onboarding content, such as automated email sequences, in-app tutorials and webinars to promote trial-to-paid account conversions.
- Supporting current customers and lead generation through co-marketing opportunities, like partner webinars and content sponsorships.
- Crafting conversion copy for emails, website split tests, interface content and various cross-functional team projects.
- Representing AWeber as an evangelist across targeted communities and platforms with measurable impact by speaking at conferences, being a guest expert on podcasts, and writing for other publications and media outlets.
- Producing video and audio content that supports AWeber’s brand awareness, acquisition, and customer marketing goals.
- Serving as the marketing liaison between cross-functional teams, such Customer Solutions, Product, and Engineering.
Previously responsible for researching, managing, executing and analyzing programs that drive measurable impact in customer acquisition, awareness, and brand positioning. Functions of this role previously include:
- Establishing strategies, executing specific tactics and reporting on AWeber's existing acquisition channels, with a focus on lead generation; webinars, podcasts, sponsorships, co-marketing partnerships.
- Owning the conversion performance of AWeber.com; including management and execution of our A/B and conversion rate optimization campaigns for specific landing pages.
I'm proud of many efforts to date at AWeber, but here are a few that stand out:
- Leading the effort to execute major product launches: Campaigns, an email automation platform, Curate, a mobile application, and Automations, our advanced automation features.
- Revamping our live prospect and customer-facing webinar strategy to support growth initiatives and product launches
- Crafting an automated webinar workflow that has yielded thousands of registrants.
- Creating compelling content for the AWeber blog and other media outlets
- Hosting our first virtual summit for podcasters, Beyond the Podcast.
- Speaking at industry conferences like Fincon, Litmus Live, and Podfest.
- Regularly writing HTML and CSS, and contributing to our site's codebase via Git.
- Starting, hosting, and managing AWeber's first podcast, Ask Me About Email Marketing, amassing over 66,491 unique downloads over 76 episodes (as of 03/2019.)
- Crafting the strategy, process, and cadence to direct AWeber's conversion rate optimization program through split testing and analysis.
*Prior to being Product Marketing Manager at AWeber, I served as Marketing Project Manager from December 2013 to January 2016.
Rosemont College - Communications Department
Adjunct Instructor • September, 2016 — Present
As an Adjunct Instructor at Rosemont College in Rosemont, PA, I teach a 3-credit Communications course, Publication Design. This course is an overview in print and digital publication design and includes hands-on training with the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.) This course is taught on Monday evenings and does not conflict with normal business hours.
Context - Web Development
Lead Project Manager • April, 2011 — December, 2013
As the Lead Project Manager at Context (now Eastern Standard), a premiere web development firm in Philadelphia, I effectively managed a team of 4 web developers. During my tenure, we collectively launched over 45 successful Drupal CMS web projects in just 2 ½ years.
In addition to meeting budget and timeframe requirements, and providing detailed updates to clients, I also define and nurture the small business’ internal policies and culture to stimulate consistent growth.
Pennrose Management Company
Special Projects Coordinator • August, 2008 — April, 2011
I served as Special Projects Coordinator at Pennrose Management Company in Philadelphia, where I worked on revamping the Pennrose's corporate policies and procedures, and the development of the company's internal document management system and intranet (built on Microsoft Sharepoint.)
University of Delaware
Bachelor's Degree, English & History • 2004 — 2007
Fun fact: I got to tour the great state of Delaware as a part-time mobile marketer for Red Bull. (Yes, driving the truck with giant can on the back!)
Master's Degree, English & Publishing • 2009 — 2012
While earning my degree at Rosemont College, I also served as a graduate assistant in the Academic Advising department.
Web Development, Design, and Content Management
Marketing Tech and Analytics
Well-versed in Google Analytics, KissMetrics, ad tracking pixels, marketing automation and tag management software. Experienced in SEO and Facebook advertising, particularly developing retargeting acquisition funnels
Copywriting, Podcasting, and Content Creation
Active contributer on various web publications and blogs. Developed conversion-centric copy for AWeber's public site and various campaigns. Experienced in podcast production (recording, editing, publishing, and promoting.)
Leadership and Productivity
Exceptionally high interest in organizational leadership, time management, and productivity. Obsessively consume countless books, attended seminars and workshops. I explore leadership and productivity in my personal email newsletter, Really Short Emails (yes, they're really short.)
Certified ScrumMaster • October 2014 — Present
As a certified ScrumMaster, I'm equipped to help teams succeed using Scrum, a popular framework within the Agile project management methodology.
Certified Customer Acquisition Specialist • March 2016 — Present
Certification description: Certified Customer Acquisition Specialists are uniquely qualified to help brands and businesses leverage paid traffic channels such Google, Facebook and other demand-gen platforms to grow their customer base without breaking the bank.
Certified Customer Value Optimization Specialist • April 2016 — Present
Certification description: Certified Customer Value Optimization Specialists are uniquely qualified to help businesses architect a “conversion funnel” that reduces initial customer acquisition costs, while simultaneously increasing both immediate and lifetime customer values.
Certified Content Marketing Specialist • April 2016 — Present
Certification description: Certified Content Marketing Specialists are uniquely qualified to help brands convert content at each level of the funnel into organic traffic and sales.